Infrastructure Demand Response Planning – Everett Thompson Presenting Luncheon Keynote at CAPRE’s Eighth Annual Greater Chicago Cloud & Data Center Summit on March 19th
Discussion: Equinix’s average client uses less than half of its contracted capacity.
* How do we improve capital efficiency and avoid stranded capacity?
* What is the root-cause of over-provisioning in our industry?
* What are barriers to integrated data center and IT (Cloud) planning and why?
* $/kW, TCO …how are tradeoffs in hybrid architectures (data centers vs cloud) measured?
* What enables just-in-time capacity across hybrid (data center vs cloud) infrastructure?